If you have a Team or Enterprise subscription, owners and managers of your account can add, remove and track current members of the subscription
Access the Members tab:
- Click on your profile in the top right corner to select "Admin settings"
- Click on “Members” on the left side menu.
- Click “invite members” in the top right corner.
- Write or copy-paste multiple emails into the invitation field
- or import a CVS file with emails of the people you want to add as members. More info here
- Instruct your users to sign up to Doodle if they haven't already. There are several different ways for users to log into their Doodle accounts:
SSO (Enterprise only) - Single Sign On (SSO) allows end users to log into Doodle (and any other application with SSO configured) via a single set of credentials. SSO provides IT teams with greater control over which users may access Doodle. You can set up SSO under the admin tab “Apps and Integrations”.
Social Logins - Social Logins allow users to log in via their Google, Microsoft, or Facebook credentials. If your organization leverages Office 365 (Outlook) or Gmail, we recommend having your users log in via the “Continue with Google” or “Continue with Microsoft” buttons. This way, if a user leaves your company and their email is deprovisioned, they will no longer have access to your corporate Doodle account.
- Email & password - This is a traditional login method that requires users to remember their password or store it in a password management system.
- SSO (Enterprise only) - Single Sign On (SSO) allows end users to log into Doodle (and any other application with SSO configured) via a single set of credentials. SSO provides IT teams with greater control over which users may access Doodle. You can set up SSO under the admin tab “Apps and Integrations”.
Re-send invitation to Pending Members
Under "Pending" you can find the members that you have invited but who have not yet accepted the invitation.
- Click on "Pending"
- Click on three vertical dots next to the member
- Select "re-send invitation"
- If necessary, share this link with your new members to help them become active members.
- Use the search field to locate the member you want to remove.
- Click on the three vertical dots next to the member
- Select “Remove”.
This will not delete the Doodle account of the member, but it will remove their access to the Doodle subscription.
Under the “Members” tab, you can track the status of your membership invitations.
- Click “Active” to see the users who have accepted the invitation to the subscription.
- Click "Pending" to see the users who have not yet answered the invitation to the subscription.
- Click "All" to see all the users (both active and pending) of the subscription.
Assign a member an admin role:
You can grant a member of your subscription various admin roles.
- Click on “active” to see all your active members.
- Click on the three vertical dots next to the name of the member
- Select "change role".
The member will receive an email informing them of their new role.
Admins of a Team subscription will have access to “Member” and “Owner” roles. Admins of Enterprise subscription will in addition have access to “Group Admin” and “Manager” roles.
Do you want to know more about admin roles? Have a look here.
You can also check out our video guide to the admin setting below
Got any questions? We are here to help!